> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Bankruptcy > How do I remove a creditor from my deed of trust

How do I remove a creditor from my deed of trust

1 Answers. Asked on Oct 11th, 2017 on Bankruptcy - California
More details to this question:
I filed for bankruptcy in 2007 and the creditor is still listed on my deed of trust. How do I remove them from my deed of trust?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:34 PM

Your question as stated doesn't make any sense.  Creditors are not "listed" on a deed of trust unless you give them the deed of trust (you sign it).  Usually this is done when they make a loan to you.  So the way to remove the deed of trust (assuming that is what you are asking) is to pay off the loan which the deed of trust secures.


Report Abuse
If you're struggling to pay off your delinquent debts and getting hounded by collection agencies, then it's time to address your financial problems. And filing for personal bankruptcy may be the ideal solution. Whether you're an individual or married couple considering Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, or a business considering a Chapter 11 reorganization, or a farmer considering Chapter 12, you need the advice and guidance of an experienced bankruptcy attorney. Your lawyer can help determine which form of bankruptcy is right for you, prepare and file all of the paperwork, and advise you throughout the bankruptcy process.
Have an Bankruptcy Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

328 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

239 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

177 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

97 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

66 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums