> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Bankruptcy > Bankruptcy Judgement Violator

Bankruptcy Judgement Violator

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 10th, 2017 on Bankruptcy - Michigan
More details to this question:
I filed bankruptcy a few years ago and I included a tuition debt from the university I attended. It was not a loan. After I filed bankruptcy, I requested my transcript from the school. Not only did the refused to give me my transcript but they also proceeded to garnish my wages for the tuition. So not only are they withholding my transcript and preventing me from continuing my education but they are still collecting my money. I was told by an attorney that I have a good case against the school. I would like to pursue a case and sue for monetary damages. I filed for bankruptcy because I had incurred debt caring for my mother who was a stroke victim. I have a family of my own that i have to support and decided to go back to school to properly provide for them.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 10th, 2017 at 7:49 AM

Go back to that lawyer who gave you good advice and sue the school. You are not likely to get a lot in damages, but you certainly should get something and you should get your trasncript and end this action by the school. Good Luck.

David J. Hutchinson 106 N. 4th Ave Ann Arbor, MI 734-930-9000

Report Abuse
If you're struggling to pay off your delinquent debts and getting hounded by collection agencies, then it's time to address your financial problems. And filing for personal bankruptcy may be the ideal solution. Whether you're an individual or married couple considering Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, or a business considering a Chapter 11 reorganization, or a farmer considering Chapter 12, you need the advice and guidance of an experienced bankruptcy attorney. Your lawyer can help determine which form of bankruptcy is right for you, prepare and file all of the paperwork, and advise you throughout the bankruptcy process.
Have an Bankruptcy Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

326 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

221 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

184 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

74 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

65 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums