> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Bankruptcy > If I filed ch. 7 fifteen years ago, do I need to file check. 13 now?

If I filed ch. 7 fifteen years ago, do I need to file check. 13 now?

1 Answers. Asked on Jan 12th, 2017 on Bankruptcy - Michigan
More details to this question:
I recently acquired a substantial amount of debt due to unfortunate events, and medical bills. I was wondering which would be better for filing, when I want to keep my house and car, but take care of everything else? Thank you
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jan 27th, 2017 at 6:50 AM

You should do another Chapter 7 if you can, but it depends upon the amount of equity you have in the house and car. See a good local lawyer. Good luck.

David J. Hutchinson 106 N. 4th Ave Ann Arbor, MI 734-930-9000

Report Abuse
If you're struggling to pay off your delinquent debts and getting hounded by collection agencies, then it's time to address your financial problems. And filing for personal bankruptcy may be the ideal solution. Whether you're an individual or married couple considering Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, or a business considering a Chapter 11 reorganization, or a farmer considering Chapter 12, you need the advice and guidance of an experienced bankruptcy attorney. Your lawyer can help determine which form of bankruptcy is right for you, prepare and file all of the paperwork, and advise you throughout the bankruptcy process.
Have an Bankruptcy Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

344 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

219 Answers, 40 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

213 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

151 Answers, 5 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

118 Answers, 36 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

116 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Diana L. Anderson

Attorney - New Jersey

83 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Bankruptcy Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Zaleski Law Firm

Madison, WI

| Contact Now

Kuhn Rogers PLC

Traverse City, MI

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums